Note: Signups for the draft will close at 6pm on Sunday.
The HBANZ League Season 4 Draft will be streamed live on the hbanz.net index page above chatango this Sunday the 14th of April at 8:30pm AET. There will be an accompanying live text log of events just above it incase you miss anything. The method of the draft will be the same as last season (explained below). The draft should go for no more than 2 hours based on the time limits captains will have.
1. New Team 1 (Lukic)
2. New Team 2 (David)
3. Goats United (Gippy)
4. Glorious North (July)
5. Dialos and the Hipsters (dors)
6. Bayer Neverlusen (MK Essien)
7. Aesthetics United (Dylza)
8. Infamous (dopesayo) [repeat..]
- The draft will be completed and streamed live this Sunday the 14th at 8:30pm AET. If you are a captain and can't make this time, PM me and we'll organise a solution.
- There will be 4 (?) standard draft rounds and then 1 part-timer round (explained below), to finish with 8 teams of 5 + 1.
- When a player that was in a team in Season 3 is selected by another captain, the captain of the team that previously owned the player can opt to retain that player with their next draft pick. The selecting captain then picks again.
- There will be one extra draft round at the end where captains can select from a pre-determined list of part-time players that won't be available regularly.
- Each captain can retain up to (tba, pending signups closing and exact number of signups known) players that others try to pick over all rounds (including part-timers)
- Captains each have 15 minute timers that tick down when it's their turn to pick or choose to retain or not. This timer will stop after they pick and continue from where it was next time it's their turn. If the timer runs out they will have 10 seconds for each of their remaining picks.
Signups are now open for Season 4 at League » Player Sign-up. Everyone, including captains, that wants to play Season 4 should sign up at that link.
Some initial info:
The draft will likely happen on Sunday 24th March, with signups to close 11:59pm the night before and Round 1 to begin the Wednesday after the draft.
Draft format/details are yet to be decided and it will be mostly dependent on the signups we get.
Right now the most likely outcome is 8 teams, with Infamous and Negritos from last season out, and two new teams in to replace them.
Captains have not been decided yet and I will contact people closer to the draft date to work out who the captains will be.
As always we'll look back at what was good and what was bad last season and try to improve the rules/format of the league so it's more fair and enjoyable. A thread is up in General League Discussion for ideas and feedback (Season 4 New Rules/Additions Discussion).
Haxbet™ is returning for its second season, with a twist.
There are now two agencies with competing odds and dedicated managers assigned to both, so expect up-to-the-minute odds all through the season and plenty of diverse and interesting markets, as well as multi-bets and more coming soon.
The first round of match odds are now up so check out Haxbet™ from the League menu at the top of the page or through this link: League » Haxbet™